Stove or ranges can either be electric or gas. They can be fueled with natural or propane gas or be connected to a 240 volts power supply. The condition of the wiring within the unit is a good indicator of the age of an oven or a range. Regardless of the age of the unit, if the wiring is dry or cracked, it becomes unsafe to use and present a fire hazard or a risk of electric shock.
On older models of gas ranges and stoves, no electrical connection was needed to work the unit. The oven and surface burners were constantly lit with a small flame pilot that didn’t require the use of electricity.
No matter which appliance you use that is gas fueled, if a strong gas smell develops around the unit, do not use the appliance ; open a window or a door, try to shut off the main gas valve and call the fire department or the gas company to report a possible gas leak. All appliances must be grounded. If a short circuit occurred in your oven or range, call a professional appliance technician from SERVA PLUS to assess if the unit is safe to use and thus avoiding a possible electric shock, a fire or just further damage to the unit.
Our technicians use all the specialized tools to ensure the accuracy of the diagnostic. We service the region of the South Shore, in the morning, afternoon or evening, weekdays and weekends at no additional cost.
So if you’re looking to get a stove or oven repaired or installed, call SERVA PLUS today to schedule for a fast and efficient service.
We are your experts for all your range, stove or oven repair and installation with a 1 year written warranty and a professional and courteous service!
(South-Shore) SERVA PLUS (450)486-3800