Did you know? Each year, 2,900 home clothes dryer fires are reported and cause an estimated 5 deaths, 100 injuries, and $35 million in property loss. The leading cause of home clothes dryer fires is failure to clean them (34 percent).
In order to minimize the risk of dryer fires, follow these simple recommendations:
- Do not run the dryer while you’re away.
- If the unit is installed in a closet, while the dryer is running, make sure the closet doors are open or ajar so there’s adequate ventilation.
- Do not run the dryer without the lint filter and also clean the filter before or after every load.
- Never dry items that have been in contact with flammable materials.
- Replace all plastic exhaust hose with an aluminum hose or galvanized steel air duct.
- Every 6 months, make sure your exterior exhaust in the wall is not blocked or clogged with lint. If the exhaust system is clogged we recommend that you call a Ventilation Cleaning Company like NETTOYAGE DRY SEC to clean and unclog your ventilation system. You should also check that your dryer exhaust hose is not squeezed between the dryer and the wall, which will make a restriction and cause dangerous overheating.
- SERVA PLUS recommends that every other year, a professional appliance service company opens your unit and cleans any lint build-up dangerously located near the heating element of your dryer.
Call us today for a quick assessment with one of our experts. Our dispatchers will promptly schedule you a service call, weather morning, afternoon, evening or weekend with one of our qualified technician, according to your needs. We service the entire region of the South Shore.
(South-Shore) SERVA PLUS (450)486-3800